Sunday, April 5, 2009

A baby gift. Or maybe just washcloths for us.



I made four washcloths from a quarter yard of cream cotton terry cloth on Friday. It was curiosity mostly. And the need to buy the material when I saw how much I liked it with the brown trim. I didn't want to spend a lot of time on them. The first one took me 20 minutes. The next three took about 30 minutes combined. I am getting better at sewing on the bias tape. I love it for finishing edges. I made the corners rounded so I didn't do mitered corners. Just rounded the corners with an edge. They aren't perfect at all. In fact, I didn't have any brown thread so I used black. I don't know if I could gift them - they might be too homemade. But I like how they look all decked out with the red ribbon - at least from a distance. I can use washcloths though. Mine get mildewy so quickly.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should keep them. They are very pretty and serviceable! I'm so impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete